NeighborWho also provides a quick and easy process to allow individuals to remove their information from our People Search results, whether or not they are a user of the Site. If you would like to opt out of our People Search results, click here. For more information about our opt-out process, please see our Opt-Out FAQ.
NeighborWho gathers three types of information: information that you submit to us, information that is collected automatically about your usage of the Site, and information about Search Subjects.
If you do not want the Site to collect this information through Cookies, you may set your web browser to reject Cookies from the Site, or to inform you when a Cookie has been sent to your computer and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that Cookie. Each web browser is different, so please check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to change your Cookie preferences. Please be advised that where you disable or reject Cookies, you may not be able to use the Member Services or experience the full functionality of the Site.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by NeighborWho and our partners (such as marketing partners, data partners, analytics, financial, testing, optimization, and others), affiliates, or analytics or service providers (such as data providers, customer support, marketing, analytics, business development, affiliate, and other). These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
When you download and use the NeighborWho Background Check App, we also may collect your mobile device’s unique identification number. We will not collect any precise geolocation information from you or your mobile device unless you expressly consent to such collection.
Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here.
- to provide you with products, services, or information you request, such as NeighborWho Checks and other Member Services;
- to process, or in connection with, any payments or transactions that you authorize;
- to verify that any credit card you submit is valid and active by charging, and thereafter immediately crediting, a small sum to the card upon registration;
- to send you service-related communications to verify and manage your Member account, about the Site, about the services you request, or containing required notices (where you have indicated a preference, we will only communicate with you via the medium you select, such as by e-mail or telephone);
- to process your requests to opt out of NeighborWho’s People Search results and, if you choose to do so, to create and manage your NeighborWho Opt-Out account;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Site (e.g., to determine the demographics of our Visitors);
- for internal business purposes (e.g., to analyze and manage our business, to allow us to better tailor the Site to our Visitors’ needs);
- to customize your experience on the Site; and
- to detect and protect against fraud, infringement, or other violations of our Terms of Service.
When you submit a request to opt out of NeighborWho’s People Search results, we require that you provide an email address. NeighborWho only uses this email address to (i) send you an email to verify your request to opt out, (ii) communicate with you about questions you may ask concerning your opt-out status, and (iii) if you choose, to create a NeighborWho Opt-Out account to review the record(s) you have opted out on an ongoing basis. We will not sell the email address that you provide as part of the opt-out process, or use it for any other purpose, without your prior consent.
NeighborWho uses data about Search Subjects to provide responses to NeighborWho Checks performed through the Site.
- with affiliates and service providers who work on our behalf including, but not limited to: credit card processing companies to process your payments for goods and services and to verify that your credit card account is valid and active; e-mail service providers to send out e-mails on our behalf; sales partners to sell you our services; data partners to process data on our behalf (e.g., by removing duplicate information from user lists, by analyzing data); and marketing partners who may market our products to you on our behalf and provide analysis of such marketing efforts. These affiliates and service providers will have access to your information as needed to perform their functions on our behalf but we do not permit them to use your information for other purposes. In addition, apart from the circumstances described above, we will not share your credit card information with any third parties without your prior informed consent, although notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to share with third parties the fact that we have credit card information about you on file;
- in connection with providing the NeighborWho Checks, with certain third-party companies (such as data partners) for the sole and exclusive purpose of verifying information applicable to the particular Search Subject. These third-party companies shall be subject to an obligation of confidentiality regarding such information, and shall not themselves store, save, or transfer such information other than as necessary to perform the applicable verification services. We will not share the information of the Search Subjects for any other purpose;
- to any acquiring entity in connection with any sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of NeighborWho;
- to respond to a subpoena, court order, or legal process served on us or otherwise to comply with the law;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of you or others (e.g., by exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes, by providing information to law enforcement where we believe the Site is being or has been used to commit unlawful acts).
We do not share precise geolocation information (such as collected from your mobile device) with third parties unless you expressly consent to such sharing.
In addition, we may share aggregate reports comprised of the demographic, usage, and/or other characteristics of our Visitors as a group, which will never identify you personally, with third parties.
You also may, at any time, notify NeighborWho that you do not wish to have NeighborWho disclose your information to third parties for the purposes of sending you marketing offers and promotions by visiting www.bv-email.com.
Information sent on behalf of third-party advertisers is prepared several days in advance, so you may continue to receive e-mail from us or our third-party advertisers for up to ten (10) days after submitting an unsubscribe request as detailed above.